In 1924, thousands of Tulsans waited at the top of Reservoir Hill to see clear, clean water released as part of the Spavinaw Water System project. The water flowed from Spavinaw Lake to the Mohawk Station, and then up to what was known only as the "High Pasture Reservoir," now Reservoir Hill.
That same year much of the land was marketed for development. The area was described as "providing cool breezes in the summer time and removed from the dust and odor of the waterfront." Housing styles in the area include Pueblo, Mediterranean, Georgian and Italianate. Ranch style homes followed in the late 1940s.
In 1927, Reservoir Hill made news as a large arrow was placed on a grassy knoll atop the hill to guide famous aviator Charles Lindbergh on his flight to Tulsa. The directional arrow pointed towards McIntyre Airport.
Reservoir Hill intercepts Denver Avenue at the 2000 block north were the street splits to wrap around the neighborhood before continuing north.