Icon search Icon hamburger
Icon close large
Image

Photo: The Beryl Ford Collection/Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Library and Tulsa Historical Society.

Mayo Motor Inn

BY http://tulsapreservationcommission.org

Built in 1950, this garage was designed by Leon B. Senter & Associates. The five-ranked facade of the building, constructed to house burgeoning downtown automobile parking needs, included five-frame, ribbon windows in the second level above each bay. The smooth center bay, devoid of windows, is adorned by a 15-foot high, metal, title sign with curved corners and a crowning band of three bars.

Mayo Motor Inn was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on August 26, 2008.