In 1946, the opera and theater venue formerly known as the Akdar Shrine Temple was reborn as a dance hall called the Cimarron Ballroom. Floor seating was removed to make room for a dance floor and Leon McAuliffe and his Cimarron Boys brought the venue back to life with their Western swing. (McAuliffe was the former steel guitar player for Bob Wills.)
The Cimarron thrived as a popular venus for social club dances, parties and music guests, hosting appearances by popular musicians such as Tommy Dorsey, Stan Kenton and Patsy Cline.
For many years it was home to KRMG radio station. Eventually, the Cimarron was acquired by the City of Tulsa during an urban renewal spree that took down many downtown buildings.
Today, the Denver Avenue bus depot sits on the former site.