Icon search Icon hamburger
Icon close large
Image

Photo: https://thecampbellhotel.com/about/history/

The Campbell Hotel

BY http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/piece-tulsa-history-has-been-refurbished-and-you-c/nDpYG/; http://thecampbellhotel.com/about/history/

Now a boutique hotel on Route 66, The Campbell Hotel was originally named the Casa Loma Hotel. Its current namesake comes from the Max Campbell Building, where the Casa Loma was constructed in 1927. One of Tulsa’s earliest shopping centers, the building also housed a barbershop, beauty shop, Crawford Drug Store and Safeway grocery store on the first floor. 

Just west of the University of Tulsa, the hotel was conveniently located at the end of a trolley route that ran from Delaware and 11th to the downtown business corridor. A night in the Casa Loma cost 50 cents, while the hotels downtown averaged $2, making the Casa Loma an affordable option for traveling businessmen. 

After two years of refurbishment, the Casa Loma reopened as The Campbell Hotel in 2011. The building stands out with its Spanish Colonial Revival styling and hosts 26 designer rooms themed after various pieces of Tulsa's rich history. Guests can dine (or order room service) at Maxxwell's Restaurant, enjoy some pampering at Spa Maxx or cheers the day away at The Campbell Lounge.

http://thecampbellhotel.com

Phone: (855) 744-5500