Built in 1957 by a "modern, innovative thinking" (at the time) architect, the seven-story, windowless Abundant Life Building was intended to serve as the world headquarters for Oral Roberts Ministries. Oral Roberts himself claimed he talked to God, and that his headquarters here would be the finest building in the city. But after only a few decades, the building was anything but full of life. After Oral Roberts Ministries vacated, Southwestern Bell district headquarters assumed the office for a brief period in the 1980s, but eventually moved out of the building. It has been shuttered and boarded since, a concrete block perched on a hill in south downtown Tulsa.
The city has not considered demolishing the property due to cost. Development from current owners is still pending.